Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Guide Bids LA Times Subscribers Farewell


The Guide said goodbye this morning as the section goes to an online edition only format, here's what was said in The Guide farewell.

Newsprint

OK, so we're a little melancholy about not having our own section in the paper anymore, but in all honesty, the Web is the place to be. Luckily for us, we're already there (theguide.latimes.com). And we're only getting better. Expect more online stories, more photos, more videos. It's a new world -- and we'll be your guide.


I hope this new world does not eliminate the entire newspaper for an online edition only.

1 comment:

Nubia said...

Personally, I love 'The Guide' and checked it out weekly for the going-ons in the Greater LA area for the upcoming week. Made it SO much easier for one to check out upcoming concerts, festivals, theatre, events, etc. without having to get on the phone pr or the internet to check out various activities and venues.

I think the LA Times is cutting off its' nose to spite its' face. Being a late 'baby boomer', I prefer reading PRINT as opposed to surfing the internet for information. My patience is too short, plus I'm not as computer savvy as some folks. I'm sure there are others with the same sentiments. We would much rather just READ our info, save some time (and frustration), and move on to the events we prefer. It saves time, and TIME IS MONEY! I'd rather spend 50 cents on a newspaper (reading print)than to spend an hour of my precious time surfing the internet to find the same thing.

Make sense? Just think of all those 50 cents the Times will be losing. Which, in turn, means that lots of folks like me won't be boosting the economy (by buying tickets, etc.) because their patience is too short to surf the internet for entertainment.

WE LOVE PRINT!