Friday, September 12, 2008

Metro Link-Train-Los Angeles-Crash





UPDATE: 8:30 p.m. I was completely unaware of the terrible Metrolink accident this afternoon, until our own Nubia contacted me with the news via a text message. Nubia rides the Metrolink daily, but does not commute on this particular train. Zach Behrens and Lindsay William-Ross are running rolling updates at LAist. Kevin Roderick also has extensive coverage of this awful accident at LAObserved, and if you note from Kevin's time stamps on his posts, he's a nightowl and will most likely have updates into the wee hours of the morning.

My employer, The Los Angeles Times, will also continue to keep the online edition of the newspaper updated all night and into the morning.

Lets all say a prayer the death count does not exceed what is currently being reported.




1 comment:

Nubia said...

Thanks, Ed for posting. I'm prayerful, as you are, that fatalities don't increase.

This all brings to mind the tragedy of a few years past when I lost two coworkers in the most devasting Metrolink accident in the line's history. I only pray that this isn't a repeat of that one.

Nothing about this is good, but I'm consoled (somewhat)that it happened before the rush hour and on a Friday when the train wasn't at full capacity.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and families of this unfortunate accident.

May God be with you all.