Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Visit to the Orange County LA Times Facility


I’m off to Costa Mesa as I’m working at the Los Angeles Times Orange County Production Facility three days this week. After spending the past thirty-seven years in the pressroom in downtown Los Angeles, it’s so refreshing to work in a different environment.

The drive to Costa Mesa is but five additional miles, and yesterday I spent forty-five minutes commuting to the plant, arriving over an hour early as we never know what to expect with the freeway system.

The pressmen and supervisors were extremely helpful as I am out of my comfort zone, and the methods are the same for printing the newspaper, yet a bit different.

I have posted sixty photographs, with many more to come the next two days.

View pictures here on Flickr

2 comments:

Kanani said...

Wow! Well, sometimes a geographical cure can be a good thing. Welcome to the OC. I guess you take the 57 South and zip right past my house!
xx
Kanani

Edward Padgett said...

Hi Kanani,

Yes I drive right past your freeway exit daily as I commute to the Costa Mesa plant, taking the 22 Freeway to Harbor Blvd. Really enjoying the different scenery and so far, lack of traffic.

As I drove north on Harbor Blvd. tonight Disneyland was blowing off a nice fireworks display.

Friday will be my last day at the Costa Mesa Facility.

Merry Christmas