From: [Tribune Publishing CEO] Jack Griffin Date: October 10, 2014 at 8:29:16 AM EDT Subject: Publisher/CEO Changes
Dear Team Members:
Today, Tribune Publishing Company announced the following important changes to its leadership team:
* Nancy Meyer, the current Publisher of the Hartford Courant Media Group, will assume the role of Publisher & CEO of the Orlando Sentinel Media Group;
* Howard Greenberg, who has served as Publisher & CEO of the Orlando Sentinel Media Group and the Sun-Sentinel Media Group, will focus solely on the Sun-Sentinel Media Group; and
* Rick Daniels, an industry veteran who has steered many well-known brands, including The Boston Globe and GateHouse Media New England, will become the Publisher & CEO of the Hartford Courant Media Group./CONTINUES
As many of you personally know, Nancy and Howard are veterans of Tribune Publishing, and Rick brings strong industry experience to the company. Specifically:
* Nancy is an admired and respected leader in Hartford, at Tribune Publishing Company and in the industry overall. During her tenure at the Hartford Courant, she helped expand the reach of the brand across all platforms, guided the successful acquisition of Reminder Media publications, and oversaw the launch of CTNOW and CTNOW.com – all while orchestrating the successful celebration of the Hartford Courant’s 250th anniversary.
* Howard has demonstrated tremendous leadership over the past six-and-a-half years helming both the Orlando Sentinel Media Group and the Sun-Sentinel Media Group. Under his direction, the Sun-Sentinel earned a Pulitzer Prize for public service, and both the Sun-Sentinel Media Group and Orlando Sentinel Media Group introduced numerous new print, digital and advertising innovations, including the launch of the ad-building studio, which now produces locally built ads for all Tribune Publishing newspapers.
* Rick is a senior newspaper and media executive, who most recently served as Chief Operating Officer of GoLocal24, a New England digital news company. He previously served as President & CEO of GateHouse Media New England, where he spearheaded a rapid expansion of the company’s digital audience for its more than 100 newspapers and 160 web sites. Rick also spent 23 years at The Boston Globe, six as President & General Manager, during which the paper earned three Pulitzer Prizes and also launched Boston.com, one of the country’s first and largest newspaper web sites.
Attached is the press release announcing the appointments. Please join me in congratulating Nancy and Howard on their new roles and welcoming Rick to Tribune Publishing Company.
The blog was started to talk about issues impacting the pressroom both positively and negatively. The views expressed here are not of the LA Times, but of each individual's opinion. The Pressmen's Club is composed of men and women who have printed the paper for twenty years or more. Semi-annual dinners are held in March and October. See Ed Padgett for more information.