Loading...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Los Angeles Times Blogger Peter Viles -30



Just last Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting with Pete at the Redwood Bar and Grill for Tony Pierce’s birthday bash, and the following day at the Los Angeles Times ONA event, where Pete was a guest speaker. Always quick with a smile and a handshake Pete makes others feel at home, no matter where they might be. I’m very saddened to hear of Pete’s departure from the Los Angeles Times. Here’s a farewell shot from Pete found on LAObserved.




No, this is not a sign that the housing market has reached a bottom in Los Angeles.

Seriously, it's hard to leave. I like doing this. I've enjoyed writing this blog, hearing from so many of you and helping to build a kind of community together. It has been one of the best assignments I've had in 21 years as a journalist. Thanks for reading, commenting and helping to shape the blog....As much as I love newsrooms and newspapers, life is short, and change is good.

Good news: The higher-ups here have been big fans of L.A. Land, and they intend to continue it. One high-ranking editor once told me the comments are the best reading on the blog. After I got over my initial hurt (journalists are thin-skinned), I agreed. The comments rock, and I hope you will continue to support the blog.

No comments: