Monday, June 17, 2013

Donate to A-T Children's Project to find a cure

Many people work at jobs that they are unfulfilled in, yet know of no others way to fill that empty feeling. I'm one of the lucky ones, I found my way by helping others, sometimes it feeding the homeless on Skid Row Los Angeles, or distributing clothing in the same area of downtown.

My friend, Lisa LeVeque, grabbed my attention with her fund raising goal of $600.00, which she is only $335.00 from reaching, for A-T Children's Project.

If you feel this could be a worthy cause to donate to follow this link to make a difference; 
Click here --- Lisa LeVeque

Lisa's Fundraising Page



As a way for me to give a little back, I've chosen the charity A-T to run for during the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend over Labor Day. I have been truly blessed to be in a position to run for those who can't. Please help me during every mile by supporting me and A-T! Help us find life-improving therapies and a cure for A-T (ataxia-telangiectasia).

WHAT IS A-T?

Imagine a disease that combines the worst symptoms of muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, immune deficiencies, and cancer. Children with A-T are usually confined to wheelchairs by age 10 and often do not survive their teens. Because A-T is a multi-system disease, scientists believe that A-T research will help more prevalent diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, AIDS, and cancer.


No comments: