Friday, November 06, 2009

"Donald Sterling to pay $2.725 million to settle housing discrimination lawsuit


Letter to the Times

Re "Donald Sterling to pay $2.725 million to settle housing discrimination lawsuit," Nov.3

LA Clippers owners Shelly and Donald T. Sterling are two of the least racist people I know.

I am a Latino who grew up in the same Boyle Heights neighborhood of East Los Angeles as Shelly and Donald. The couple has hosted me court-side at roughly 100 home games since 2003. Further, I have been in their home on countless occasions, and consider myself part of their extended family.

Though countless people of color and I were prepared to testify about the Sterlings' great character and non-discriminatory policies, I applaud their decision to put their staff and the people of Los Angeles ahead of their own business interests.

Our City needs more leaders like Shelly and Donald T. Sterling.


Brian Quintana
Hollywood
323-251-5125 (cell)

No comments: