Friday, March 04, 2011

Departing LAT reporter cites 'hostile work conditions' - LA Observed

From: Fernandez, Maria Elena
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:08 PM
To: Stanton, Russ; Maharaj, Davan
Cc: Firouzi, Yasmin
Subject: Resignation: effective immediately

Hello,

I am sorry to inform you that I have decided to resign from the Los Angeles Times, a newspaper that has been my home and my job for nearly 12 years. For 10 of those years, this was the best job I ever had and I will take those memories, knowledge and experiences wherever I go.

This is not a decision I’ve come to lightly or impulsively. But I cannot work under these hostile work conditions anymore. Calendar has become a complete nightmare to work in, and it is just time to go.

Thank you for all the opportunities that you gave me. I really will remember this newsroom fondly. I am in the process of getting my personal stuff together but plan to leave the building as soon as I can. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or [email address] if you need to.

I know that very soon I will have only positive memories of the LA Times to focus on. There are many wonderful people here, and I will miss you very much.

Sincerely,
Maria Elena


Departing LAT reporter cites 'hostile work conditions' - LA Observed

2 comments:

LaLaLand said...

She should check out the pressroom !!! now THATS hostile

Edward Padgett said...

I agree Rudy, but this hostile environment certainly makes me wonder if the managers reap some type of bonus when an employee resigns?