Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Robert Whaples Rest in Peace - Retired Pressman Los Angeles Times

 Bob Whaples on the right.
Just received word that retired Los Angeles Times pressman Bob Whaples passed away on July 25, 2013 in Los Osos, California at the age of 79. Bob was always fun to work with and made printing the daily newspaper fun. His tribute web page doesn't say much, you can visit it here, and if you would like to share your thoughts or memories feel free to leave a comment or send an email to me, thank you.
Bob at top left in both photos.










Pressmen apprentice class, early 1960's?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

334g3716107374I am Robert's sister and have lost my contact with his wife when my phone crashed. If you are aware of his phone I would like to resume contact with his wife as at the time of his death she was rather overwhelmed by the longtime care. Please ask her to call me. Marge Whaples.