Monday, July 28, 2014

Lightning strikes at Venice Beach kill 1, injure several - LA Observed

Lightning strikes at Venice Beach kill 1, injure several - LA Observed

Photo credit: Susan Uhrlass














Former LA Weekly employee Susan Uhrlass and my friend was very close to the lightning strike yesterday.

"I WAS THERE!!! All the news channels have their vans down here at Venice Beach - 9 people injured from Lightning strikes around 2:30 PM today. Especially injured was a surfer and snorkeler in the ocean. FREAKY storm in July - for sure!!!"


Ms. Uhrlass added

" I just posted on my wall!! I was on the beach but luckily north of the Venice Pier - But was sitting there and HEARD and SAW the lighting - Never saw anything like it - it was so loud cracking and bright - so dramatic and kind of scary!!!"


No comments: