Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Wally Gratrix Rest in Peace

Just received the sad news that former Los Angeles Times pressman Wally Gratrix passed at the age of seventy-nine last week.

Wally was always a fun colleague to work with at the newspaper, and he didn't allow anything to remove his constant smile.













From his daughter Susan Gratrix;
My dad had his gallbladder removed on the 7th. Pathology found cancer and we were notified on the 20th of the cancer. I spent the following 10 with my parents dealing with rehab and then we took him home this past Friday. My dad told me to go home and that he would see us on the 9th. Sadly he decided to go home. He died last night. All my dad wanted was to get out hospital/rehab and go home. He said he did not want to die there. We got him home and knew he was loved. I am headed back to Pahrump to be with my mom.

A Memorial Service for Wally Gratrix will be held on Friday, June 10, 2016, at 1:00 p.m., at the Pahrump Elks Lodge, located at 2220 East Basin, Pahrump, Nevada. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Safe Haven in Care of the Pahrump Elks Lodge.

No comments: