Thursday, March 22, 2018

Where's my newspaper?

I was saddened to discover that newspapers not delivered to my home are no longer available to be redelivered. In the past a missing newspaper would be brought to my front door up to thirty days of publishing. Now the subscriber is given credit for missing issues.

I understand the men and women that have the daunting task of distributing ten different newspapers to their subscribers, have their hands full, so if I miss a newspaper now and then I don't too upset.

With the costs of the hard copy of the daily newspaper skyrocketing due to fuel, ink, and newsprint prices, one has to wonder how the newspaper as we know it, will survive?

I contacted the Los Angeles Times regarding two missing issues, here's the response I received:

mdeve012 customer_service@latimes.cust-serv.com
via  sitel.com

Mar. 4

Dear Mr. Padgett,

Thank you for contacting the Los Angeles Times.

We are truly sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Due to the unexpected volume of emails coming in,
our response time is longer than usual.

Re: Account # 10080042082

We are sorry to hear that your newspapers were not delivered. We will notify the distributor who services your
area to ensure delivery everyday. Unfortunately, February 13 and March 2 is no longer available for redelivery.
Your account has been credited.

To access February 13 and March 2, 2018 paper, here’s a link to our eNewspaper; a complete digital replica
of the printed paper. Please click on the hamburger icon or the 3 horizontal lines on the upper right hand corner,
under 'Edition Options', click on 'Archive' and select the issue of the paper.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.


http://enewspaper.latimes.com/desktop/latimes/gratis.aspx?token=0448652db35f4c71825b36ad8038a344
If there are any additional questions regarding your subscription, please feel free to contact us at:
213 283-2274 or simply respond to this email.

Sincerely,

Michael De Vera
Los Angeles Times Mobile Team
mobile@latimes.com
202 West First St
Los Angeles, CA 90012


I called customer service and I thought my problem was solved as I was given a number to call for all back
issues of the Los Angeles Times, unfortunately the company I called was some type of newspaper
broker, they would deliver the missing newspapers, without the inserts, for a $7.50 fee.

In the future I will replace any missing newspapers by visiting the local Starbucks


No comments: