Saturday, May 21, 2022

Rest in Peace Russ Newton



 

Russ Newton, Larry Brush, and Raul Compos


Just learned that the former senior vice-president of production at the Los Angeles Times Olympic production facility, Russ Newton, passed away today. I spoke with Russ back in February, 2020 just as Covid-19 took off. Russ shared his illness, ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), which I happen to be familiar with as my grandfather also died from.

If you follow Mr. Newton's web page, he wrote that he caught Covid yesterday, not certain if he was so week that he succumbed to Covid? As the days pass we should learn more.

 



  • Russ Newton

Will to live

I still have a strong will to live. But my intellect is telling me I am close to going. Not because ALS is killing me, which it most certainly is. But because I am about to cross the line into a life I have no intention of living. Bed bound or wheel chair bound, my every need being done by paid care takers. Not for me. But the will to live is still strong. I find that annoying. thoughts?

No comments: