I'm a grandparent, and to all the grandparents out there, here are a few instructions, a bit of advice and a little wisdom:
1. Real love means letting your grandchild(ren) choose the pizza toppings.
2. A grandparent is a living history lesson.
3. Grandparenting isn't for sissies.
4. Don't just give your grandchildren good advice; give them good memories.
5. Grandma and Grandpa's house: Where the great are small and the small are great!
6. An ounce of leading by example is worth a pound of pressure.
7. Having grandchildren doubles joy and divides grief in half.
8. As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled.
9. Grandma-hood: when you start turning off the lights for economical reasons rather than romantic ones.
10. A grandpa is a man who carries pictures in his wallet, where money used to be.
If you don't fit the mold...PRACTICE. Trust me, if you have kids, the grandkids will come!
BTW: #9 is my personal favorite:-)