Monday, March 24, 2008

The Passing of Julio Barajas





Easter Sunday was a somber day as word came my way from my brother Michael that his father, my stepfather Julio Barajas, had passed away Easter morning. Just the day before we had all gathered to celebrate Mike’s 39th birthday, which changed our festive mood into one of sadness and sorrow.

Julio was not your typical stepfather; he always greeted me with a smile, and was always happy to see anyone that crossed his path. He leaves behind three sons, seven to ten grandchildren, and three stepchildren.

Julio’s first career was a dangerous one of bull fighting, and after immigrating to the States landed a job for the Times Mirror Corporation as a pressman at the now stuttered Times Mirror Press on Boyle Street. In his spare time Julio coached several soccer teams in the East Los Angeles area. All he touched will miss him.

Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.


4 comments:

Nubia said...

Heartfelt sympathies to the Barajas Family.

Nubia

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. My father and I both worked with Julio at TMP.

Kanani said...

I'm really sorry, Ed.

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family.