Monday, March 24, 2008

Sam Zell approves of Sun-Times ribbing


From: Talk to Sam
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 1:35 PM
Subject: Shocking Video

Partners,

I returned from out of the country this weekend to learn that one of our employees had entered a video in the Sun-Times contest designed to protest a name change of Wrigley Field.

Needless to say, I was shocked! Appalled! The video was a blatant disregard for Tribune Company policy. It demonstrated a glaring disrespect for your chairman and CEO. (I’m much better looking, clearly more agile, and I think whoever played me was singing off key.)

So, I immediately referred to the 11th commandment: Thou shalt not take oneself too seriously. And, then I shared the video with my family and friends.

Here’s the link if you didn’t catch it: http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-suntimes-song-contest,0,1932877.htmlstory

It’s most definitely worth the watch, and it was a deft grab of the ball away from that other paper. What was their name again?

Sam

SOURCE: Kevin Roderick

No comments: