Thursday, August 21, 2008

Former Los Angeles Times Employees


Jean and Gary Sturdivan 1988

As a direct result of my blog I’m brought back into contact with many former Los Angeles Times colleagues, which makes all my efforts worth the time I spend on my hobby.

Two weeks ago I received an email from Gary and Jean Sturdivan, wondering if I was related to former Times truck driver Edward Padgett Sr. I answered with a quick response, YES!

After exchanging many emails and answering questions about former employees I directed the two to my Flickr page, and they just loved reminiscing about their careers at the Los Angeles Times.

Jean shared a picture on their first cruise, right after their retirements from the Times in 1988, and a recent picture of their sixth cruise, taken a few months ago. They would love to hear from their former colleagues, so drop them an email at JeanncarrolNOSPAMaol.com .

Just remove the NOSPAM from their email address and insert the @ sign, the NOSPAM was inserted to prevent spammers from gathering and adding them to mailing lists.


The Studivans 2008


2 comments:

Nubia said...

Now, THAT'S cool stuff! Kudos to the couple:-)

Edward Padgett said...

From Jean and Gary:

Hi Ed;

Many thanks for the article & pictures you submitted on your blog. Very well done! It's obvious this is a "work of love". You do such a fine job. I know so many people truly enjoy all of it! I know we do! Just purused all again and was quite moved by your "memory" section of your son, Bryan. I just cannot believe that bit about another Ed Padget with a son named Bryan. Not only the coincidence of the names but the events as well. Such a small world! Again, thanks for your interest and dedication. Blessings, Jeannie & Gary
P.S. I forwarded your note & site address to Judy Curtis, Kathy Woolson & Cecilia Rasmussen. Hope they enjoy it as much as me.