Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mexican Fugitive Nabbed at my Brothers Home


With news last week of the capture of mass murder suspect Jesus Ruben Mancada in East Los Angeles, thoughts of my brother Julio came to mind. Little did I know the suspect was renting a room from Julio, and I thought he was working for my brother as he was at my step-fathers after funeral gathering on March 28th, 2008, filling ice chests with beer and ice.

My daughter Janelle sent a text message yesterday regarding Julio on television, and later texted that the story involved a neighbor and not my brother. I still didn’t make the connection until Ronnie Pineda called and told me my brother’s house was on the news because the suspect in the mass execution of 19 men, women, and children was arrested and deported to Mexico.

Still unable to reach Julio by phone, as I assume his phone is ringing off the hook.

Here’s the full story as told by the Los Angeles Times.


7 comments:

Temple Stark said...

Let's see -- yikes!

Kanani said...

Well, I guess next time a background check would be a good idea!

Edward Padgett said...

Ditto on that Kanani...

Kanani said...

His wife says: "He is innocent, though, and he always told me that if one day they came back after him that the truth would come out. I want to know what evidence they have on him."


Well, quite frankly it doesn't matter what she tells the US Authorities or even the US Media. She will have to contend with the Mexican authorities. I wonder if they will deport her and their four children as well from your brother's house.

grandspud said...

Good God Ed! You've got to write a book someday.

Ironhorse said...

Just another poor illegal immigrant who came here looking for work. Yeah buddy!

Edward Padgett said...

Kanani,

According to the media his wife has left for Ensenada to prove his innocence.

Grandspud,

I have been told this many times, write a book about all my odd experiences that are hard to believe, yet true.