Friday, August 31, 2012

FBI MoneyPak Scam



Yesterday morning my computer was infected with Ransom Ware, which is a new term for myself. This threat claims your computer was locked by the FBI, and as most scams, appears as if it could be true, so I was grasping for air momentarily until I came to my senses.

What this virus does is display the screen shot above, and try as you may, you're unable to start the task manager to disable the program from running. I was able to boot up in safe mode, yet McAfee was unable to locate the problem files after running a full scan of my system.

After spending four hours of reading and trying different methods of removing the virus, with no success, I said a prayer and the next site I visited solved and removed the threat.

I highly recommend the web site called Fix PC Yourself as it offered a step by step process in eradicating this problem from my computer.

Click on this link for instructions on cleaning your hard drive: How to unlock computer from FBI Moneypak Virus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its truly amazing piece of writing, I have got much
clear idea about from this post.

Also visit my web page download affiliate network