Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Young Broke and Talented Apparel Helping the Homeless

I cross paths with many men and women on my daily adventure called life, and some come to mind often while others are hard to remember. As I scanned Facebook a few weeks ago my daughter Margaret left a comment on a page, that grabbed my attention quickly, by Juan Garcia. Juan and his friends visit Skid Row every Sunday distributing clothing for the men and women that live and try to survive on the meanest looking streets of Los Angeles every Sunday morning.

On Sunday March 24th I volunteered to help Juan and his group, and was pleased to see not only clothing and shoes given out, but water as well. The four cases of water didn't last long as the streets are completely full of many in need. One lady was in tears and Juan quickly embraced her with a hug as well as Tony, the young adults in this group have very big hearts and not only talk about love but freely give love to anyone in need, and there are many just wanting a hug or a hand shake.

If you have never helped on Skid Row I highly recommend doing so, it's a very fulfilling experience and helps one to appreciate how well off you are. If you would be interested in joining Juan he can be found on Facebook, or you can donate clothing and bottled water to this worthy group of young people.





No comments: