Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Dan Rosandich the Cartoon Maker

 By Dan Rosandich

Cartoon maker software is readily available to help cartoonists.
I prefer to use the old method of drawing that requires pen and ink on paper. Basically,  cartoons actually drawn by hand or “manually” so to speak.
It’s because no technology existed when I was a child and my interest in drawing cartoons initially began at a young age.
In n sense, I use technology to my advantage by colorizing my cartoons digitally, I communicate with those professionals who may be interested in my work via email. And I derive sales of my cartoons and illustration services through my online portfolio and cartoons I make available through my website.
I still consider myself “old school” to a degree though.
Pencils and paper are all I ever knew. But I see technology as a great asset to the creative world and this includes cartooning.
I have nothing against using software programs or any devices now in use for creating artwork and cartoons digitally.

I think it’s because I inherently learned to draw using the old school method and really, I value and cater to that method more and think it’s still the best way for creating my own cartoons and humorous illustrations.

No comments: