Friday, February 10, 2012

Edward D. Padgett Sr. Rest in Peace

Edward D. Padgett Sr. 01.12.33 - 02.09.12

My father passed away yesterday after his five year struggle with the effects of Alzheimer’s, which many have shared regarding their own experiences with their parents and grandparents.

Survived by his wife Maria Elena of fifty years, she was at his side when he passed away at the hospital.

His children; Edward, Celeste, Michael, William, and Martha.

Grandchildren; Kristine, Bryan, Lauren, Margaret, Nathan, Joanna, Michelle, Michael, Kenny, and Gabby.

Great grandchildren; David, Denise, and Bentley

Preceeded in death by his brother Boyd and Grandson Bryan

Worked as a truck driver for the Los Angeles Times from 1950 till the first of many buyouts gave him an early retirement in 1992.

Retired to Desert Hot Springs where he volunteered with the Desert Hot Spring Police Department several times per week and enjoyed hanging out at the 19th hole of the golf course within the community he lived.

Funeral arrangements pending.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. My prayers go out to the whole family.

Mark Austin said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Ed.My thoughts are with you and your family

Jamaicaimikal said...

Don't Cry For Me
by Pearlie Duncan Walker

When I'm gone; don't cry for me
I am not dead; I'm in sweet eternity
I'll live forever; I'll wait for all of you
When it’s your time; it’s what God would have us do.

He called my name; He said come home
I did not die; please do not cry; I will no more roam
I'll be by our Savior forever; soon, you too
We’ll walk in the light; praising God in all that we do.

Do not mourn for me; I have sweet victory
I'll walk in Gods’ garden; and glories see
I am not dead; He set me free; an Angel called to me
Its beautiful here; Heavens’ full of cheer; you'll see.

I did not die my love; I only went ahead
I knew you’d understand; though I know this, you'll dread
That will pass too; do all God would have you do
Maybe up there God will let me have; a glimpse of you.

I did not die, so do not cry; I'll meet you here one day
Jesus will send an Angel to bring you to me; all the way
Our love is sure; our hearts are strong
I did not die, so please don't cry; I am home.

Anonymous said...

Eddie, I want you to know that I am sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. May he rest a in Peace and May Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him. He will be remembered in our family prayers. Ed Weilbacher

Al Albanes said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, my friend.

Richard Olmeda said...

Our condolences to you and your family Ed. God Bless You.

Anonymous said...

Ed,

My deepest sympathy over the passing of your father. I'm old enough to remember him pulling loads from the old home shed to the stuffing machines on the Broadway side. He always did it with a smile on his face, staying ahead of the stuffing machines and not doing any damage with the forklift. I can also remember when you came out on the Spring St dock announcing you had been promoted to the position of flyboy in the press room. Let me also share with you that I became totally drunk at your father's retirement party. As I remember, it was at a lodge of some sort in the San Gabriel valley.

As I get older, I tend to remember the good times more than the bad. I had a lot of fun working with your father, and I find comfort knowing he is with his maker. I hope and pray you find the same comfort.

Peace be with you and your family,
TS