Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Woody Johnson Jr. Rest in Peace

Just learned the sad news that our friend and former colleague at the Los Angeles Times, Woody Johnson Jr., passed on Sunday July 17th. Woody was the jovial type, very little bothered him. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends.







 From his family:

My cousins Woody Johnson & Javanna Smith shared earlier this afternoon that their father, my Uncle Woodrow Johnson Jr. gained his wings today 🕊 I didn’t want to believe it💔 When my daddy, Donald Johnson “Papa J” called me, I thought for sure I had heard him wrong. His brother was so full of life and love! Uncle Butch was the one calling to check on my dad. He drove down to see him in the hospital. He always called us to tell us how proud he is of us and that his brother was a knucklehead 🙃 but that he was gonna be alright 🙂 In my heart, I know that my uncle is better than alright — pool stick🎱 in hand, a positive light, ready to make his next chess move♟ in Heaven😇✌🏽 (dad-left, uncle-right, they were in the Navy together. Grandma & Grandpa Johnson had 2 boys, 2 girls. Uncle Butch was the oldest. The one with the most sense. He was crazy about his grandkids, very proud of his children, loved his wife and always checked on family. Every time we spoke, he would say… God is good✝️ and I would say… yes He is! Nobody ever wants to let the good ones go but knowing that my uncle had an express ticket, as my brother said, straight to the Pearly Gates🙏🏽 eases the pain😢)

No comments: