Wednesday, February 06, 2008

LAist Election Party at Seven-Grand


Last night after work I had planned to attend the Mayor Sam Sister City election party, but was also invited to the Laist party just a few blocks from the Los Angeles Times, at the Seven-Grand. I opted for the closest party, which was the Laist party at Seventh and Olive, over the long drive to Mayor Sam’s party last night.

I felt very embarrassed when I met Mike from Franklin Avenue last night, I recognized his face, but for the life of me, could not recall how I knew him? Luckily for me Pamela Rouse was on hand to help this old man remember how I know Mike.









Pamela Rouse is one of the many moving back to downtown Los Angeles, with her husband Sean, she blogs at Meeko’s Crumbs, and can be seen at many blogger events around downtown.







The beautiful Shannon from Sha in L.A. was also on hand, and has another walk to celebrate her birthday this Sunday, I’m hoping to attend if I can juggle my time right.









What a pleasant surprise I had when I was introduced to the LA Cowboy, Brady Westwater, he greeted me with a big bear hug, and we both said he was about time we met. Brady is the expert on downtown Los Angeles, and you will see his credits in the Los Angeles Times when information is needed for articles regarding Los Angeles.








And lastly, I was finally able to meet Joz Joz Joz, we have exchanged emails for months and talked over the phone, but never had the opportunity to meet face to face. Joz Joz has been very supportive regarding the death of my son, and we understand one another as she lost her father a short time ago.


I would like to thank LAist for inviting the Blogging Pressman to their party last night, and I hope you throw many more in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming down, Ed. It was great to see you there!