Saturday, April 01, 2006

Burnt a Sick Day

Yesterday I burnt my first sick day of the year, thought about calling in sick all morning, then about noon I knew it was too late to call in. But remember, I'm an old guy, and forgot I start work at 2:30pm on Friday so as long as I call in two hours prior to the start of my shift I'm in the clear. Well, once I came to my senses, I called in sick about twelve fifteen.

My grandchildren took care of me while I was in bed sick (I'm required to pretend I was sick for my employer) and made a make shift bed on the floor next to my bed, so grandpa wouldn't be alone all night. David had us watch some oddball show on MTV called Jackass, and it's amazing what kids will do to be on television. After two episodes of Jackass, we watched Wild Boys, and I have to admit, watching these dummies play with animals kept my attention to the television.

I generally write nothing on the weekends, but I stayed home today and took it easy. Paintd the children's bathroom, and getting ready to paint the trim, this is what I call taking it easy. Painting is not a pssion of mine, but viewing my work when everything is completed is a big payoff. I won't be finished with the bathroom for several days, but I'm slowly headed to completion with every stroke of my paintbrush.

Enjoy your weekend,
Eddie

PS. Don't forget to turn your clock's ahead by one hour before turning in tonight!



No comments: