Saturday, August 19, 2006

Palm Trees


I’m getting old folks, last week I mentioned my ordeal with the gardeners that never showed up to trim my palm trees, so I took it upon myself to trim the palms and save myself one hundred dollars. It wasn’t worth it, saving the money. I have been so sore all week from having my left arm around the trunk of the palm while stretching with my right arm to trim the higher fronds.

Not being one to give in and hire someone, I thought of ways to access the upper levels of the palm, should I just buy a longer ladder, I asked myself? Not certain how I would complete this task, I slept on it. When I awoke the next morning the answer arrived.

I headed over to my favorite store, Home Depot, and found a telescoping tree pruner that allowed my ladder to be placed at a forty percent angle, thus allowing me to use two hands to cut the fronds.

The sub-conscience will find solutions to problems when called upon.

Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finding a solution to your palm tree trimmimg problem! I hope the soreness in your arm goes away soon. I would love to have palm trees in my yard but have avoided it because of the trimming problems.