Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Supervisors' Town Hall Meeting

The following message was posted on the entrance to the Olympic Pressroom Office this afternoon. Ed

This afternoon we held another Supervisors' Town Hall at the Square.

We are aware that union organizers are spreading rumors that the purpose of today's meeting was to plan or announce layoffs in Operations. This is yet another incident of union supporters using scare tactics to generate interest in card signing.

We encourage you to ask your supervisor about today's meeting. In fact, there was no mention or discussion of layoffs. And there are NO LAYOFFS PLANNED OR BEING PLANNED IN OPERATIONS. We truly regret the fact that union organizers continue to divide the work force by spreading misleading and incorrect information.

The company remains committed to its belief that a third party will not make things better here. We encourage anyone who is asked or pressured to sign a union authorization card or a petition to say no. Yet another union election is not in the best interest of anyone as we strive to meet the many business challenges facing our company and industry. The union cannot and will not eliminate these issues.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Open the file.... dust it off..... and say it again!

But maybe this time things have changed, I know the company has.

Somebody once told me.....

"Change was good"

Anonymous said...

Yup change is " good " .......but for whom ??

Anonymous said...

I think that's the point!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Vote the union in . I cant wait to see the TRIB eat you crybabies alive.

Anonymous said...

Hummm...me thinks someone is afraid of getting " eatin alive " ( or getting slapped around for a changed )

Anonymous said...

Hummmmm.....

I wounder what Tribune has been doing to us for the past 5 years???

Could it be that they have been "eating us alive"!

Anonymous said...

Actually my statement on TRIB eating you guys alive.... What have they done for you the last 5 yrs?? Well my paycheck has never bounced. And my benefits are good. Vote the union in I dont care . I am not a pressroom employee . I am just sick and tired of all of the pressrooms endless crying about not being treated right. If it is so bad leave. If you choose to stay than grow up . Mr. OC

Anonymous said...

Ya, I guess you are right.....

All they did was "bounce" employees!