Thursday, August 17, 2006

Restoring Internet Access

Good Morning world,

This is my last day of work for the next twelve days, so I'm a bit excited that I will have so much extra time on my hands. The children and I had planned to visit Cozumel, but will postpone our trip till Spring Break next year, and conserve over five thousand dollars.

Wednesday night I did a little venting over the lack of Internet access in the learning center at our facility, and someone heard me. I had planned to forget about my blog being blocked, and just carry a laptop with me, in case I really needed to log onto the Internet.

Russ Newton dropped by my press yesterday stating Cyber-Sitter would be edited to allow my blog to be displayed as soon as possible. Greg Malcolm went a bit further, and said to give him a list of websites I would like un-blocked in the learning center.

Ms. Monica Hayes is doing all the leg work, and has contacted the I.T. Department, regarding Cyber-Sitter, so my blog and LAObserved will be un-blocked very soon, if not open for users already?

I appreciate the effort by all concerned over coming this form of censorship at the Los Angeles Times. With only thirteen users registered for Internet access from the learning center, I hope this moves additional employees to request access in the near future.

Enjoy your Thursday,
Eddie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is wonderful in the cyber world.Your prayers were heard.PEACE BE WITH YOU.Life is cool and great at our big office.Grateful oc pressman. Also for the union minded people.Most likely the friendly workplace would be lost.And a whole lot more would be lost.

Anonymous said...

LOL Oh boy !!! OC pressman is funny : ) ( as for the whole lot more ) think about how much we lost already

Anonymous said...

In reality when running the press the manning is about the same downstairs.LOL i worked at other paper in oc.You would love latimes.our press runs are smaller and paper.That is why we CHANGED.Buisness is always changing.Not trying to be funny just being real!!!!

Anonymous said...

Leave him alone. At least he finally figured out a way to turn his CAPS LOCK key off on his keyboard.