Saturday, December 15, 2007

Retired Pressman Joe Ornelas


Emmett Jaime has sent out a message regarding our old friend Joe Ornelas (seated) and I felt it worth sharing.

Emmett said: "I got an e-mail from Gary Burchfield informing me that Joe is in a convalescent home in Montebello. Today I went to visit him, he is in room 417B. He was asleep we I got there but he woke up after I called him, he looks a little frail but he knew who I was, I'm sure he would recognize you if you visited him. We talked about the old work place and of the people who used to work there. He has alot of family pictures up on the wall behind his bed but no Christmas cards. If you can't stop by to visit him send him a card, he would really appreciate it but if you want to pay him a visit here is the address and visiting hours. He told me that besides family "nobody of his old work buddies come to visit me". He told me that he has a pain in his stomach and that he is suppose to have a doctor examine him to see if he needs surgery".

Editors Note:
Joe Ornelas was an old timer when I started working in the pressroom, and a very funny man. His favorite saying was "SAP", meaning, lets go have a cold beer during our lunch break. If you can't make it to the hospital to visit with Joe, send him a Christmas card to let him know you're thinking about him. Thank you Emmett Jaime for the information regarding Joe.

Rio Hondo Convalescent Facility
273 Beverly Blvd.
Montebello, CA. 90640-3775
Room 417B
323.724.5100

2 comments:

Arti said...

That made me want to send him a Christmas card and I don't even know him!....Hey "Ed"..could you send us your email address again plz?...Thanks!...And our blessings and prayers go out to you and your family during the holidays....Artie~

Edward Padgett said...

Arti,

Send emails to edpadgett1@verizon.net and say hello to Lynn for me. The holiday season is hard for both of our families, with the loss of your son and my son.