Thursday, May 09, 2013

About those shoes - Eric Garcetti for Mayor Los Angeles 2013

When I ran my first campaign for City Council, I walked. Every day - day after day - I criss-crossed my district knocking on doors and talking to voters about what I could do as their City Councilor. By the end of the campaign, I had worn holes through my favorite pair of shoes. Today, those shoes sit in my campaign headquarters. Every time I pass by them, they're a reminder of that first race and the power of grassroots campaigning.  
I'm still knocking on every door I can, but this time I need your help.
Many people told me that running for Mayor was different than running for City Council. They said that you can't build a grassroots campaign in Los Angeles. They said that people aren't engaged, or "that's just not how we do things." 
We've already proved them wrong. We've got the most donors, the most volunteers, and the largest campaign. We also came in first in the primary, beating expectations. But there's still one huge hurdle left to go. 
The truth of the matter is, we're being seriously outspent by my opponent and her allies. But I believe in people power. I believe that together, we can defeat whatever they throw at us. I believe in walking.
Thank you
Eric Garcetti
P.S. I haven't worn out my shoes on this campaign, but I'm getting there. Donate what you can to help me keep my campaign walking.
Eric Garcetti- Los Angeles Mayor 2013
Los Angeles, CA, United States

No comments: