Friday, May 25, 2007

For The Weekend

Only because it's so much better than reading all the memos.
Here's more Lemonette , the sane alternative to the Tribune.


Note: Ed will start automoblogging next weekend. However, the camera will be on the passenger. If he offers you a ride, just make sure your shirt isn't on inside out.

"There's the mirror, there's the camera, there's the fuzzy dice, there's Ed".

And here's my favorite Crab Dip --I found it on Cooks.com after a losing the original one clipped from a newspaper twenty years ago! I'm having a party this weekend. This is high in calories and cholesterol. You will need to work out prior to and after.

CRAB, CLAM OR SHRIMP MOLDED DIP
2 cans crab, drained and flaked
1 sm. pkg. Knox gelatin, unflavored
1/4 c. cold water
1 can undiluted cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery
1 c. mayonnaise
1 lg. pkg. cream cheese
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. onion juice
1/4 to 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
1/4 c finely diced red onion
1 tsp. dried or fresh dill
Juice of 1 sm. lemon

Dissolve gelatin in cold water. Heat undiluted soup to boiling; add gelatin and chill until thick. While waiting mix all other ingredients together except seafood. Add to gelatin soup mixture, then add seafood. Chill in mold until firm. Turn out mold on lettuce or surround with sprigs of parsley. Serve with potato chips and/or crackers as a spread or dip. Make this a day before. Keeps well.

2 comments:

Edward Padgett said...

Kanani,

You hit me with humor just when I need it the most. I had planned to start videoblogging, but broke my digital camera when trying to clean the lens, so I have a few options here (1) Have the camera repaired (2) Buy a new and improved digital camera (3) Use my new razor cell phone as my video camera.

Edward Padgett said...

Oops! I meant to say "Automoblogging"