Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day weekend. This year finds us at home for the most part. I say that because my youngest daughter, Nikki, plays softball and made the All Star team this year. This means that for the next few weeks, we'll be watching softball tournaments in various locations. This weekend's tournament is in Norco. I've never been to Norco before and was quite surprised to find out that the park the girls are playing in is directly across the street from a prison. Somehow, I couldn't stop looking at the buildings and barbed-wire fence and wondering about what goes on there.

The other event this weekend was my Aunt Avelina's 80th birthday party. There were originally 4 children in my mother's family. Now only my mother and her sister are left. It was wonderful being with all my relatives again. My Aunt Silvia remarked to me that she was so glad to see everyone at a birthday party instead of a funeral. Sadly, it is true that we seem to gather only after someone has died.

Whatever you do, please have a safe weekend. Don't drink and drive, and remember to say a prayer for our troops currently serving in various parts of the world. God bless everyone and stay safe.

No comments: