Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Showing Ill Effects of Fresh Water



Easy-Writer: Whales Showing Ill Effects of Fresh Water
(note this is the region where yours truly grew up)

"
The pair continued today to exhibit tail slapping that started Tuesday. Although biologists commonly consider such action a sign a stress, Cordaro said it is difficult to assess exactly why the pair is doing that." From the Los Angeles Times

Both images are from the Sacramento Bee. The first one shows the tail slapping behavior. This is all very sad. I hope for a good outcome. But I do wonder --the whales moved on there own Sunday night when there was no noise. I can only wonder if that floatilla quit banging pipes if the whales might find their orientation and start again. I just don't know. No one does. I'm sure they've thought of it, too.


No comments: