Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Blogging Pressman down but never out


Two weeks ago my father, Edward Padgett Sr., under went a surgical procedure and has not been his usual self ever since. His doctor is not certain if he suffered a stroke during the operation or has Alzheimer's as he does not recognize anyone.

I paid him a visit on Monday and he thought I was his brother Boyd Padgett, whom was killed in the Korean War almost sixty years ago.

My father worked as a truck driver for the Los Angeles Times for forty-two years before opting to take the first of many buyouts in 1992.

It's almost like he died, that's how it feels in a sense.

Blogging from myself will be lite the next few days, unless an important announcement is made.

I'm down but not out.

2 comments:

Kanani said...

Sorry to hear this, Ed. All prayers are going out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Nubia said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Edward. Hang in there and keep believing!