Tuesday, January 17, 2006

California Drivers

As I inched my way along the Pomona Freeway tonight, I watched as the car in front of me tried for several minutes to get into the right lane. No one wanted to allow this driver into their personal space, I guess they were all in a hurry to get home?

For those of you not living in a major city, traffic in Los Angeles happens at all hours, so we have to be prepared to wait. I myself leave my home ninety minutes before my shift starts, just hoping I will not be delayed too long on this trip?

And when there is no traffic, I must fight my way through the pallet companies behind our building. Just last month, I was trapped between trucks unloading their pallets. I could not back up, or move forward. I would have left my car where it was, but I was blocking a driveway, and walked to work. After twenty minutes of waiting, I called in to work and explained my situation. Luckily, I made it to work on time, with two minutes to spare.

I dislike traffic, but on the way home I have my cell phone and thirty CD's of music to make the trip somewhat pleasent. The train is an alternative to some, not newspaper printers, we're never quite sure what time we may be leaving work? And the last train out of Union Station for San Dimas leaves at 8:50 PM. Now if I were to miss that train, God only knows how long it would take to get home by bus?

Los Angeles is a fun city to visit, just too many people here.

Keep Smiling,
Edward

No comments: