Friday, January 20, 2006

Out With The Old, In With The New

No, I'm not referring to personnel changes at the Los Angeles Times Operations Departments, this is regarding the deletion of the old web page. With the new page taking enough of my free time, I do not have time to manage two pages, so the old page was razed this morning. With over sixteen thousand hits, the old page was fun, but had a drab look to it.

The new page will be going through changes as often as warranted. I may remove the links at the left side of the page, looks very busy and cluttered to me.

I will be adding several additional bloggers, for diversity and different opinions other than my own, in the next few weeks.

Generating Cash For Our Club

Sent an email to the Los Angeles Times Circulation Department last Friday regarding adding a link for subscribing to the newspaper from my page. For some odd reason the email bounced back last night, with the address calendarlive, I guess the wrong link was clicked when I was at the circulation page for the newspaper? Most bounced email's are returned within minutes of sending, if the email account is not found. Being the novice computer user, I'll send a carbon copy to myself next time, to be sure I have entered the correct address. My idea is a win-win situation for all concerned; generate subscriptions for the newspapers and cash for every subscription to our club's bank account.

Back at Work

I'm having pizza and soda delivered to my crew at 6:30 PM today, just incase we have a repeat of last Friday. As the press operator I'm stuck in the middle of keeping my supervisors happy, and my crew happy. It's a balancing act, that at times, throw's me off balance.

Computer Problems

Appears my Compaq mouse has wore out, I took the mouse apart yesterday, and removed large amounts of a black material from the internal moving parts. But, my horizontal movements are still not moving smoothly, so I may have to break out the debit card and purchase a new mouse today at Fry's. I'm considering a trackball or wireless mouse at the moment, not sure what I will buy yet?

TGIF
Verizon Eddie

No comments: