Sunday, July 01, 2007

Country Music isn't so Bad After All

In my travels through cyberspace I have met many men and women across the globe, but some stand out from others, such as my friend Gayle Mitchell. The two of us met over two years ago and have continued exchanging emails in this time, and Gayle added me to her mailing list for her Real Estate business.

When the invitation to listen to Gayle and her country band, Front Range, play at Di Piazza Restaurant and Lava Lounge in Long Beach arrived, I had to accept. I love almost all-live music, but country, hip-hop, and emo music are not my favorites, that changed last night.

The group played a ninety-minute set, and if the dance floor were not covered with tables and chairs we would have danced. Gayle and Sueannah Nicholas sang duets and solos, and the standing room only crowd loved every minute of their music.

Way to go Gayle.

2 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

There is just "something" about live music that cannot be re-produced on a stereo.

Nubia said...

I agree. I attended college in Nashville, Country Music Capital of the world. It was at the height of the R&B craze, but I learned to not only appreciate Country, but to love it as well!

As a matter of fact, I do a mean Dolly AND Bonnie:-) For those of you who haven't tried it, do so. You might just be surprised!

Happy Independence Day, Folks!