Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mercer Verification of Dependents Update


Seems Mercer is not as inept as I was led to believe last week, after speaking with many of my colleagues I have discovered what the problem is. Three of my co-workers have told me they simply mailed in the form that requires a yes or no answer, and omitted the required proof of dependents from the envelope they returned to Mercer.

As of January 1st, 2008 those individuals that did not read the paperwork, and did not include the needed proof of dependents, will be shocked to find their family members are no longer covered by the medical plan they assumed they were covered by. Mercer will not inform you of this, they will simply cancel your dependents health insurance, saving the Tribune Company money.



This is most likely just the tip of the iceberg, I wonder how many also just checked off the yes or no, and returned the form to Mercer in this manner?

1 comment:

Edward Padgett said...

Would someone please contact Kim McCleary LaFrance and send her over to Oly?