Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Why is a Change of Address so Difficult?


Last night I emailed the Post Master of the Glendora post office requesting information on having Bryan’s mail forwarded to my home, and I see this is not an easy task. Here’s the response from the Glendora post office.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Anisha W) - 09/05/2007 10:21 AM
Dear Edward Padgett,
Thank you for contacting us about wanting your son's mail forwarded to your address.
Mail addressed to a deceased person may be forwarded to a different address. The person filing the Change of Address (COA) request must provide legal authorization (such as that of a court appointed executor or administrator). This will need to be submitted either in person or by mail, along with a COA card (PS Form 3575), to the local Post Office™ of the deceased.
Please keep in mind possession of a death certificate does not qualify as legal authorization.
If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service®.
Regards,
Anisha W
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone can explain how I start this process feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Edward

No comments: