Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cigna Health Care California


Filed under Stupid

On September 1st, 2005 I received a check in the amount of $1,600 from Cigna HealthCare, and cashed the check, you know me I was smiling all the way to the bank. Several weeks later I get a letter from a collection agency regarding the check, they claim it was sent to me in error, and would I please return their money as soon as possible.

I repaid the $1,600 only to have a duplicate check arrive several week later, but this time I did not cash the check. And wouldn't you know it, they sent out another letter asking that I return their money. I called the number on the letter, and explained I had not cashed their check this time.

On June 13, 2006 the following letter arrived.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cina HealthCare
Financial Services, C-328
900 Cottage Grove Road
Hartford, CT. 06152-1328


06/13/2006

Padgett Jr Edward
928 Alleghany Circle
San Dimas, CA. 91773

Re:
Check Number: 2221977880........... Issue Date:
09/01/2005
Amount: $1,600.00......................... Date of Service: 12/08/2002
Payable to: Padgett Jr Edward....... Type of Payment: MEDICAL
Patient Name:Margaret Padgett
Policyholder: TRIBUNE/CHC-CA

Dear Insured:

The above check number represents a claim payment made to you by Connecticut General Life Insurance Company as agent for the above Policyholder. I wanted you to know that according to our records this check has not been cashed or deposited by you. Perhaps this check is a duplicate and you have received payment through another check number. If this check is not a duplicate payment and has not been negotiated by you, we would like to issue a replacement check.

Please advise us of the status of this check by completing the enclosed response form within 30 days. Your response is important. If we do not hear from you these funds may need to be remitted to the State as unclaimed property. We have included a self-addressed envelope for your convenience.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Financial Services Unit
860.226.4720

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to allow this check to be turned over to the unclaimed property Department of California.

Eddie

No comments: