Thursday, July 13, 2006

How Are the Tribune Employees Coping?

The past week and a half I have not said much, and there was really nothing being said regarding the Tribune Company in the news.

This gave me plenty of time to spend with my daughter Joanna, and her siblings, while I was away from work on vacation. I can't tell you how well I sleep every night while away from the Los Angeles Times.

But all this came to an end Sunday when I returned to work. I could not believe what the Olympic Facility looked like upon my return, the grass is dying in many spots and will soon be dirt. The palm trees need to be trimmed and watered, they are wilting. I will upload photographs tonight because my words can not tell you how the place looks as well as a picture can.

Sunday I took it upon myself to start watering the plants on the patio of the cafeteria, so they are responding by coming back to life.

I have been told the new gardeners start next week, and the plants will get the attention they need.

And the water pump is in repairs, and will be running very soon as well. But it seems odd we would stop caring for the plants at Olympic and Orange County at the same time, I guess their water pump stopped running too?

The mood at our facility is one of being in the eye of the hurricane at the moment, with the storm coming soon.

I will be leaving town tomorrow morning, so there will be little blogging from myself till Monday morning. Unless there is breaking news!

Peace,
Eddie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest, relax and have fun no matter where you go. We all need time away from everyday so just enjoy.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

OC is coping just fine buisness as usual. Just making aliving.PEACE TO THE OLY BUNCH

Anonymous said...

Seems to me, the mood around OLY was similar to this just recently, yet things worked out.

Don't let the current mood ruin your weekend trip. You deserve it.

Thinking of you:-)

RB