Friday, October 27, 2006

Carl Rodgers Former Times Printer

Just took a call from Dan McQuitty regarding former Los Angeles Times Pressman, Carl Rodgers aged 75, has passed away.

No details on funeral arrangements at this time.

UPDATE: 9:15 AM

Hi you all, hope you are all fine.

I received a phone call from Jess Degeytere last night informing me that Carl Rogers passed away. Carls son Brian, who worked at the downtown plant as a paper pusher called him with the news of his dad. When Carl left the Times he bought a used bus and converted it to a tour bus and used it to drive people to Vegas, he did well in his new business.

Please call any other retired pressmen that might remember Carl, Bill call Bill Waldby, I'm sure he would like to know. This is some of the information I got from Jess on the funeral services ,he didn't have an address for the cemetery but I'm sure you can find the information some how.

Funeral services are at Oakdale Cemetery in Glendora on Oct.31 at 11:00am, hope some of you can make it. I can't as we are in Whidbey Isl. Wash. for 3 more months.

You all take care of yourselves and try and stay healthy.

Your Friend
Emmett Jaime III


Oakdale Memorial Park Cemetery
1401 S. Grand Ave
Glendora, CA. 91740

626.691.2000

2 comments:

Edward Padgett said...

Correction: Carl was 77 years old.

Anonymous said...

To those left behind, my heartfelt sympathy.