Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dancing Girls, Raffles and Lots o' Leather


Pressmens Dinner at Taix Tonight
THANK YOU for including me at the Pressmens dinner tonight. I enjoyed meeting the people who've print the paper each day. I can't tell you the impact the Los Angeles Times has had on my life. Journalists like Ken Reich, Pat Morrison, Jack Smith, Jim Murray and others were my introducation to city when I moved here with in 1978. It was an honor to meet all of you who have provided this contiuum in my life. Without the Pressmen, there would be no paper. The Pressmen are an essential part to the educational, cultural and intellectual beat of this city.

I think Tony will do a swell job at running the club. The raffle was really funny. Ed took many photos and I'm sure he'll post them over the next few days. It was great meeting those of you who print the paper, as well as those who've retired but remain Pressmen to the core of their being. I enjoyed being a part of this special evening. Thank you everyone. You're a terrific group. In this day of people going in and out of jobs every 2 - 3 years, the longevity of your association with one another even after retirement is exceptional.

A special THANK you to Debra for waiting in the bar while the rest of us were dining! Hey, you didn't see this guy, did you?

7 comments:

Jess Espinoza said...

Hi kanani,
Thank you for attending the dinner, it was great to finally meet you! Yes, last night was quite entertaining, in spite of (or due to) being bumped out of the big room by the Gay Los Angeles Motorcycle Police Officers Society.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Kunani, or Kulani, or whatever Tony was trying to call you! Anyway, it was nice to see the face associated with the name. I hope that you will be able to return again. And I swear Ed was passing out the booze coupons in the other room!

Kanani said...

I was very happy that there was absolutely NO line in the ladies room. However, at one point there was someone in the next stall turning around and around and around making a great effort to put SOMETHING on. I got out of there as fast as I could. Didn't want to find myself face to face with a 6' tall, husky voiced shemale!

Jess Espinoza said...

OMG! I'm sure that would have been an experience you'd never forget, no matter how much you would want to! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Had a blast, we need more workers to attend next dinner. Will do a through drum beat before March. Anyway golfing (hacking) tomorrow, too bad you don't have any more raffel tickets, the Gay Los Angeles Motorcycle Police Officers Society. will miss you.

Thanks,
Tony

Edward Padgett said...

Hey Everyone,

Next time I ask someone to help pass out the raffle tickets for the door prizes, I'll be sure and mention the extra tickets are to be returned to the front table.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am afraid I did see this fellow; more than I really wanted to see!!!!

The action was apparently in the bar and in the men's room!!!

Kanani and I had no problems whatsoever!!