Sunday, October 22, 2006

Finding People on the Blog



Occasionally good things happen because of this blog, here's the latest positive story.

About six weeks ago an e-mail arrived regarding our fellow member Gary Connaught, from a man claiming to be a former shipmate of Gary's.

Not knowing the person I was not about to give out any info regarding Gary's address or phone number.

When I saw Gary at our dinner last week I asked if he knew Ed Schafer, and he was shocked that I mentioned Ed's name. Gary responded in the positive, and then asked how I knew Ed? I told him he e-mailed me about contacts for himself.

Seems the two were discharged from the Navy in 1956, and usually saw one another at Navy reunions, but Gary missed the fifty year anniversary because of the passing of his mother.

The two are now back in touch with one another, thanks to the blog.

No comments: