Friday, October 06, 2006

My 15 Seconds of Fame

Yes I did get my 15 seconds of fame yesterday when the interview I gave to KNBC was aired on the six o'clock news. My grandson David used our Tivo to save this event, and all my children called to say they had seen the news with dad on television. And I also took a call from our Orange County Facility, Jose Gomez called and said they watched the footage as well.

But what makes me laugh is the statement by a supervisor, he said "Of all the men and women that work at the Olympic Facility, how in the world did they select you?"

What happened yesterday was quite by accident. I saw the KNBC news truck outside of our facility and thought it would make a good picture for the blog. Next thing I know the cameraman is asking if I was with the media, which I answered no, I'm just a pressman for the newspaper.

That was who he was looking for, and asked if I would answer a few questions. If you watched yesterday's news you can see I was on the air for about ten seconds or less, I'm happy that the entire interview was not aired, I told the truth on my feelings since the Tribune bought Times Mirror Corporation in 2000.

As we wrapped up the interview, Russ Newton pulled out of the parking lot and stopped. I told the cameraman "That's the person you need to interview", but Russ said "NO COMMENT" and sped away to Times Mirror Square to meet the new publisher.

Funny how things happen in life.

Eddie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed the truth should not be feared, I can only think that if management spoke the truth and not put up smoke screens all the time, maybe we would not in such a freaking mess. The truth shall set you free.

Anonymous said...

Ed for the time you put in to your web site for all employee's I'm glad you were on T.V.During these coming ruff times anonymous is right the truth will set you FREE. Rick Hernandez O.C. pressroom