Monday, May 01, 2006

Let's Do This Again....

This afternoons drive to Los Angeles was smooth, very little traffic to speak of.

During my lunch break I drove over to the Fish Market on 6th and Central, but it was locked down as if it were a weekend. So I drove back to Olympic and Alameda for a few carne asada taco's at the TV Cafe, they were doing a booming business, because many cafe's were closed today.

As I waited for my order I watched as many people drove up and down the streets waving, mostly Stars and Stripes, and a few with Mexican flags, instead of walking with the thousands of other marchers. White shirts were adored on most of the people waiting for buses or simply walking to their cars from the march. It was a festive spirit I noted, many smiling and waving to the passing cars.

We finished tomorrow's newspaper rather eariler than usual, and this means my thirty-one mile drive home would take about ninety minutes. Not today. It only took me thirty-two minutes to reach San Dimas from Alameda and 8th Street.

I say, lets do this again!

Eddie

1 comment:

Kanani said...

Ha ha! I know. The ER's were reasonably light today. I think this thing could work against their cause.