Friday, May 19, 2006

Running the Streets of Pasadena


Last night after work I didn't feel like running straight home and stopped at the Pasadena Ice House for the 8:30 show.

Having no reservations, and a line from the frontdoor through the alley, getting into the building wasn't looking very good.

The show last night featured comic's that had won their contests in the Annex next door. It looked as if everyone's relatives had come out for the show, as people were filing in well past the 8:30 show time start.

When it was announced that the show had sold out I still had another option, the Comedy Annex, and the cost was only $5.00 compaired to $20.00 for the main showroom. In my thirty years of visiting the Ice House, I have never stepped foot in the Annex, that changed last night.

The show was called "That Thursday Thang", and I was on the floor for most of the acts. The M.C. for the show was a funny man himself, D'Militante. I don't remember all the names but Melanie Comarcho and Eve Dionne Lamb come to mind. This particular show was being taped for downloading onto cell phones, not sure how this works, but I'm sure my children could probably show me.

While waiting for the doors to open I ran into Tina Kim, she was filming a pilot commerial after the main showroom cleared. She invited me to watch the taping, but I had to get home, maybe next time?

Eddie


6 comments:

Kanani said...

All that for $5.00?
Sounds like you got the better deal!

Edward Padgett said...

I agree, it was well worth the money spent. I'm going back next Thursday with two of my co-workers, if we get off work in time for the 9:00pm show.

It's my form of therapy, laughter.

Anonymous said...

Your desperation is bone chilling!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed, my sources tell me your new name is the "Zookeeper"????

I think my sources have the inside track!!!

Anonymous said...

If laughter is your therapy, just look at you and those you have chosen in your recent past to keep company with!!!

My friends and I get a real "hoot"!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Vampire has GREEN eyes as well! ...and I'm NOT anonymous:-)

RB