Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday Morning Tidbits

For some reason I'm unable to upload pictures to my blog, thought it was just corrupt photographs, but I take it the blog service is having problems with too much traffic?

It was reported that the Los Angeles Times web page set a new record last month with 7.7 million unique visitors. Shows the trend is moving to online news rather than the hard copy version of the newspaper.

My article on embracing changes is generating many comments, I may need to find additional positive information regarding management at the newspaper, as this seems to stir many of you up.

I have added a new feature to the blog that will email you when changes are made or updates posted, saving you a trip to the blog. Just enter your email address, and when a confirmation email arrives, click on the link and your done.

Messages are currently set to appear for seven days before going into the archives, should the messages be set to fourteen days?

Writers are needed for this blog, if your interested, contact Ed or Jesse.

Keep smiling,
Eddie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of being notified when there are changes to the blog. Where do I click to subscribe to this blog? On MySpace, I have a blog with a couple of subscribers and it makes it easier for others to know when to look for my latest commentary. Great idea!

Edward Padgett said...

Blues Angel,

At the left side of the page, you may need to scroll down a bit, you enter your email address. Once you have entered your email, click on send, and you will have a confirmation email arriving shortly. Click on the link in the email and your done.

I signed up last night as a test, but have not seen my email notification yet? Must go out once per day?

Ed

Jess Espinoza said...

Hey Ed,
I think 14 days would be better, the posts do seem to "fall" off the page rather quickly. Let's give it a try?