Thursday, May 11, 2006

Our Internet World is Changing


Almost everyday we hear about a new technology breakthrough, or about a new virus threat on the Internet. We live in an ever-changing world that shows no signs of slowing this constant move. Is it any wonder media companies are struggling to keep their audience.

When I was looking for my current home the realtor took me here and there walking through homes, and wasting time for him and myself. So I took matters into my own hands and started searching for homes on the Internet. It was rather easy, I enter my search criteria, four to six bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and the zip code of the city I was interested in living, and the price range I could afford.



After hitting the search button I was presented with a listing of all the homes that fit my search. Not only could I see the exterior of the home, but all the bedrooms and other important information regarding the home. This saved the realtor time as well as my time, when I found a home I wanted to see, a simple email to Century 21 made this possible. After spending many weeks looking at homes, the Internet helped me locate my current home within one week, the website I used was called home seekers, not sure if they even still exist?

I purchased my current car on eBay, and paid for it using Pay Pal, many people have told me they would never buy an automobile in this manner, but I’m not like most people, and have had only minor problems with my car. I was able to run a search of the car’s VIN number, before bidding and winning the bidding process.





All my music comes from the Internet, yes some is downloaded from Kazaa and Lime wire, but most is purchased through BMG Music.

I have dated many women from Match, and it runs hot and cold, some fudge their data and others simply live too far away from San Dimas.

My children's computer was purchased online at Dell, my anti-virus software was purchased and downloaded from Norton. And my tax returns are uploaded via the Internet, and refund direct deposited directly to my checking account.

I may be the exception not the rule, but I’m sure many others are turning away from tradition means of gathering information, and turning to the Internet for news and purchases, as I am.

If newspapers want to stay competitive, they must offer their subscribers something extra on the Internet, give them a reason to log onto their web sites, and listen to what the subscribers are saying.

Is it Friday yet?

Eddie

No comments: