Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Electronic Greetings with Trojans

A few days ago an electronic greeting card arrived, and since I receive many greetings in this manner from my daughters and friends, I opened or followed the link back to the greeting.
Luckily I’m testing a new anti-virus program called Avast, which caught a Trojan attempting to enter my system, and the Trojan was deleted before it could invade my home network and my server.

I have contacted the website the Trojan originated from, their Internet Service Provider, and my ISP in an attempt to stop the spread of this nuisance.

Several variations of this bogus electronic greeting have arrived, but you will not get one from my site, if you do delete delete delete.

Here’s one of the messages.

================================

Hi,
You just recieved an electronic card!
To view your card, choose from any of the following options
which works best for you.
--------
Method 1
--------
Just click on the following Internet address (if that doesn't work for
you, copy & paste the address onto your browser's address box.)

http://www.trinityoxford.org/greeting-ZBM80616180922460.html


--------
Method 2
--------
Copy & paste your card number in the view card box at
http://www.greetingsnecards.com

Your card number is
ZBM80616180922460
(For your convenience, the greeting card will be available for the next
30 days)

Webmaster,
http://www.greetingsnecards.com
===============================

Anti-virus programs slow page loading, but save you from headaches of lost data and having to remove viruses and Trojans.

No comments: